Welcome to The Celebrant School
New Zealand’s most respected celebrant training provider
Join us to Learn the Art of Ceremony
- new to celebrancy and looking for celebrant training?
- recently appointed as an independent marriage celebrant by BDMCAT (Dept of Internal Affairs)?
- an existing celebrant wanting to enhance your practice?
- a new celebrant with the desire to feel informed and confident about what you offer the public?
Students from all these avenues become part of our vibrant and growing Celebrant School community.
Why Choose The Celebrant School?
- Established over 20 years ago, we have a proud tradition of service to celebrancy in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- Our Certificate in Celebrant Studies is the benchmark for celebrant training – a comprehensive and skillfully designed programme that fully covers the knowledge, skills and attributes needed to work as a celebrant in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- We offer in-depth, specialised modules for weddings and civil unions; funerals; and transitions through change and crisis.
- The Celebrant School is NZ owned and grounded in the cultural and social context of Aotearoa-New Zealand, ensuring you learn how to meet the needs of our diverse communities.
- Our lecturers are respected, practising celebrants, with many years of combined experience.
- Our experiential learning process establishes a safe, effective environment for reflection, learning and practice to enable you to create meaningful contemporary ceremonies.
- Part-time, weekend block courses for accessibility and convenience.
- You will be part of creating an ongoing collegial network to support your practice well in to the future.
- We assist and encourage you to develop your own unique celebrant style.